Friday, March 9, 2012

Queso Blanco Dip (White Cheese Dip)

This dip is creamy cheesy and totally dip-able! It has great flavor and was loved by all. Did I mention it is a restaurant recipe? Not sure which one, but it is. After just one bite, you'll be in love.



1 1/4 lb White American Cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup diced green chiles
2 pickled jalapenos, chopped
1 ounce pickled jalapeno juice
2/3 cup whole milk
1/2 cup cold water
pinch of cumin (optional)

Toss all ingredients into a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute. The mixture might seem watery during the first few stirs, but should come together as a nice runny dip after all the cheese is melted.

*Reheat Instructions: Store any leftover cheese dip in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until creamy and hot.

Recipe from Pennies on a Platter.

2 comments:

  1. I made this, but it didn't turn out well at all :( it actually looked like garlic butter sauce. Any clue what I could've done wrong? I'll probably try again~http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/06/queso-dip.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! I don't know what might have gone wrong. It starts out watery at the beginning, but smooths out. Did you cook it long enough? I bought my cheese from the deli and hand them slice it as big as they could. I wonder if maybe it was your cheese. :/

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...