Monday, March 12, 2012

World Famous Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies

I haven't ever been to Paradise Bakery, so I don't know how they compare, but these World Famous Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies come out crispy and practically melt in your mouth. They were a hit with the kids, but I think anything would be that I called a cookie. :)


1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups shortening (I used butter flavored)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1/3 cup corn starch
3 1/3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a medium bowl, cream together the sugars and shortening using an electric mixer. Mix on medium and mix for 3 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not over mix. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours. Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes and place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes. Cookies are done when small cracks appear and are pale golden.

Recipe adapted from Kari's Cooking.

Linked on Get Your Brag On and Sweets for a Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. These resemble some cookies my grandparents use to bake. A MUST to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of cookies that melt in the mouth. You made #1 with these! Thanks for linking them up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...