Friday, March 30, 2012

Strawberry Filling

I love strawberries. If I had to pick a favorite fruit, strawberries would be a strong contender. My kids all love strawberries too. Maybe that's why they're all so sweet! :) My little 6 year old requested Strawberry Filling in her birthday cake this year so I made this yummy filling for her. She loved it both in her cake and when she licked the pan. This Strawberry Filling is also fantastic on ice cream.


1 (16 oz) bag frozen strawberries, thawed
¼ cup sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch

Puree strawberries in a blender. Pour sugar and cornstarch into a medium pan and whisk to combine. Add Pureed strawberries and whisk until smooth and combined. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool completely.

Recipe adapted from Baking Junkie.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday

3 comments:

  1. These look so fun I just found your blog its great. Come check out my blog at www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com


    Have a Great Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like you - I love strawberries
    Thanks for this recipe -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your post on Sweet Saturday and your picture was the first one I noticed! So delicious, bookmarking this for my daughter's birthday in a week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...