Saturday, August 11, 2012

White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

I've tried and tried to come up with something clever to say about this White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, but I just can't seem to come up with anything.  At least not anything other than it's amazing!  It really is.  My daughter took some of the cupcakes we frosted with this White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting to a neighbor and the neighbor was at my door the next morning telling me the cupcakes were the best she has ever eaten.  Ever!


1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white chocolate chips, melted and cooled
3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash salt
2 tablespoons milk

Combine butter and shortening in a medium sized bowl and beat until smooth.  Add powdered sugar and salt and mix until well combined.  Add melted white chocolate and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday and Tatertots and Jello

7 comments:

  1. I love those gentle ruffles of goodness and on top of a chocolate cupcake--yum! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcake looks beautiful! What tip did you use to get it like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I used a Wilton 1M.

      Delete
  3. I used your icing recipe for my Valentine's Day cupcakes! It was really good: http://www.rainbowconfection.com/post/76014942886/valentines-day-cupcakes-chocolate-cupcakes-with

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally messed up with melting the white chocolate... ugh! AND of course I had no more. I DID have a bag of Andies peppermint chips. I melted those and added them instead of the white chips. SOOOO GOOD! Thanks for the recipe! So light and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing ...how much frosting does this recipe make?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...