Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Microwave Cinnamon Apples

It seems like I'm always looking for quick, easy, and healthy snacks. These Microwave Cinnamon Apples are the perfect fit! My kids love cinnamon applesauce, but I don't like how sweet the store bought stuff is. Why do they have to take something so good and ruin it by adding so much sugar? Microwave Cinnamon Apples is my way of getting the best of both worlds - yummy apples and cinnamon without added sugar or other sweeteners.

My kids love Microwave Cinnamon Apples and ask for them for breakfast or a snack at least once a week. The kids love them and they are healthy. I think that makes them just about a perfect food. :)


2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Place apples and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl and stir until apples are coated with cinnamon. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in the top to let the steam escape. Place in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Remove apples from the microwave and carefully remove the plastic cover. Stir apples and re-cover. Cook for 1 minute longer (Different microwaves will vary the cooking time. I like my apples tender, but not mushy.)

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a snack or part of a meal. I'm going to pass this along to my daughter for my granddaughter, who loves apples. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan,
    Thank you for you comment on our website and for this lovely recipe! Our visitors love the recipe, just like us! Keep on the good work, you have a fantastic website! Have a nice weekend and we will keep following your blog!

    Greetings Sofie and Jorrit from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am following your blog now. Love the apple recipes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Anne! I'm glad you found something you like and am excited to have you following along!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying this recipe right now! I just got out of the hospital and, while I am recovering great, I cant stand in the kitchen long enough to bake. This was a great treat and really brightened my day! I am so glad I found this site. I am going to try the Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough the next time I am looking for a quick treat! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! Isn't it great how easy it is? Hope you continue to recover without any complications.

      Delete
  6. This blog website is pretty cool! How was it made ! sabaideereview.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...