Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vanilla Mousse

I decided to make my little girls birthday cake this year. I usually leave it up to the bakery, but decided to do it on my own this year. Mainly because she wanted a heart shaped cake and the bakery doesn't make heart shaped cakes. :) She requested strawberry filling and creamy filling. This Vanilla Mousse was perfect! She loved it and so did the rest of the family. Not only is it a great filling, it's also a delicious dessert on its own. Well, maybe with some berries.


1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
2 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cold whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Let cool slightly. In a medium bowl mix together sugar, whipping cream and vanilla. Beat with beaters on medium speed until mixture is stiff. Add gelatin mixture and beat until well blended.

Recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday

2 comments:

  1. Wow.....do you have any idea how AMAZING this looks?!?! You got a new follower in me! I am all about dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mousse recipe is delish! I am making mirror glazed cakes for my brother's birthday tomorrow and this is perfect! I added some smores baking chips to it and its holding up great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...