Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Muffins

I can't believe it's almost December!  Christmas is quickly on it's way and the end of the year is on it's tail.  I hope you all take a little time to slow down and enjoy the wonderful season.  The smells, the sounds, the lights, the spirit.  Happy holidays!

I always get excited for fresh cranberries.  Fresh cranberries always mean Christmas Muffins.  I kinda like LOVE these Christmas muffins.  They are full of fruit and spices and are delicious!  Now if only I could get the kids to like cranberries......



¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
3 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sat
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter, melted
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups milk
1 ½ cups cranberries, chopped
1 ½ cups apple, chopped

Mix together sugars, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.  Make a well in the center, add the melted butter, milk and eggs, mix until smooth.  Stir in cranberries and apples.  Spoon batter into muffin pan until cups ¾ full.  Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

Recipe from???

Linked on Sweet as Sugar Cookies and Tatertots and Jello.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm...these sound absolutely delicious...a perfect morning treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do sound yummy for cold mornings...in fact, I'd like one right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I found your blog through Sweet As Sugar Cookies' party! I have been looking for a good muffin to bake for Christmas morning and these look perfect! I am pinning now! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Jade C. @ sweetbabymasonjames.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...