Monday, November 26, 2012

Crazy Good Crispy Rice Treats

I've never been the biggest fan of crispy rice treats.  I'd eat one here and there, but never have a second.  Until I had one at Bunko.  And then a second.  I couldn't believe how good they were and asked the hostess what her secret was.  She laughed and told me it was an insane amount of butter.  I played around with them and come to find out, she was right.  Lots of butter makes some Crazy Good Crispy Rice Treats!


1 (10.5 ounce) bag marshmallows
1/2 cup butter
4 cups crispy rice cereal

Combine marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe bowl.  Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds, until marshmallows and butter are melted; about 2 minutes total.  Once marshmallows are melted, add crispy rice cereal and mix until thoroughly combined.  Pour mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan and press down (I grease my hands and use my hands).  Let sit for at least 1 hour before cutting.

Recipe from They Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

3 comments:

  1. Add some crushed peppermint and they would be real seasonal! These are a must at our house when the grands come to visit:-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmm. What a great idea! I love adding crushed candy canes to treats, but never would have thought adding them to crispy rice treats. :)

      Delete
  2. These look delicious. I like the crushed peppermint idea. Thanks for posting.

    Heidi
    Exede

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...