Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

Oh.  My.  Goodness!  These have got to be the best cinnamon rolls in the world!  I just love copy-cat recipes.  They're usually packed full of awesomeness and these Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls were no different.  They're awesome!  They came out soft and tender and just plain tasty.  I loved them, the family loved them, and I'm sure you will love them!  Make them now and you can thank me later. :)



1 cup warm milk
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon instant yeast

Filling:
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Icing:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt

Combine flour and yeast in a medium bowl and set aside.  In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients for the dough and mix well.  Add in 2 cups of the flour mixture and mix well.  Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, until the dough is soft and not too sticky.  Knead the dough for 5 minutes, then cover and let rise until doubled.  In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon for the filling.  Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with the 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Roll the dough, starting at the long end, into a tight roll.  Seal the seam by pinching the dough.  Cut the dough into 12 even rolls and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.  Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.  Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.  While rolls are baking, beat together icing ingredients until smooth.  Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

Recipe adapted from All Recipes

Linked on Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

4 comments:

  1. Boy, would that taste good now! I just got home last night after being with my grand for a week and I was too pooped to bake:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look better than Cinnabons. I love how they're soft and fluffy without brown edges. Just the cinnamon roll I've been dreaming of and looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have to say though, I was glad when they closed the Cinnabon store by us.

    Heidi
    Exede

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...