Friday, November 23, 2012

Soft Sugar Cookies

I don't think the holidays would be complete without Soft Sugar Cookies.  From Valentines to Christmas, Soft Sugar Cookies are a must!  These Soft Sugar Cookies are perfect for cutting out festive shapes (or not so festive shapes). The dough is easy to work with and the cookies come out soft and delicious.


1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
6-7 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons baking powder

Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs, vanilla and sour cream.  Combine with dry ingredients and mix well.  Roll out to about 1/4 inch thick and cut.  Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.



Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!


Linked on Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to be baking today, but yesterday my oven went on the fritz--I still can't believe life would be that cruel:-(!
    This look yummy, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe. Its almost the same as the one I use. I believe the sour cream is what makes them so soft. My kiddos love them.

    Heidi
    Exede

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work! teddy bears for babies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...