Friday, January 18, 2013

Fudgy Brownies

I have a confession.  I've never been much of a dark chocolate fan.  If it wasn't milk chocolate, I wasn't about to touch the stuff.  BUT, I would happily hide away with a bag of chocolate chips.  And not the milk chocolate kind.  Little did I realize I was happily feasting on dark(ish) chocolate.  When the realization first struck, I was practically in shock!  Me?  Eating dark chocolate?  Whoa!  After the initial shock wore off, I quickly embraced the delicious and healthy(er-ish) stuff.  (I tried to come up with a more eloquent word than "stuff", but obviously, it didn't happen.)  Who knew dark chocolate could be so down right tasty!? 

Since we're on the topic of dark chocolate + tasty, let me introduce you to, quite possibly, the most heavenly dark chocolate creation ever known to man (aka me).  Fudgy Brownies.  The name doesn't seem to do these rich, dense, fudgy morsels justice.  Maybe this picture will do a better job.  Not justice, but a better job.

See all that glowing in the background?  Pretty sure it's from a halo.  These Fudgy Brownies are heavenly!

1 1/4 cups butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 325.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside. Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for one minute intervals, stirring in between, until the butter is melted (my butter was frozen and it took 3 minutes). Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one until each egg is thoroughly mixed in. Add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with the wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Spread evenly in the greased pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges slightly moist with batter, 35 to 40 minutes. If you have an ounce or two of will power, let the brownies cool completely before stuffing your face cutting them into squares and eating them like a lady.  Or gentleman.  I was unable to resist the them long enough to let them cool in the pan. Instead I let mine cool under a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream. 
 
Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

Linked on Tatertots and Jello, Show & Tell Saturday, Show & Tell Saturday, Sweet as Sugar Cookies, Pamela's Heavenly Treats, Hello Weekend, Sunday FUNday, Manic Monday, Whisk Away Wednesday, The Busy Bee's and Six Sisters' Stuff.

12 comments:

  1. Chocolate sounds perfect right now! I'm trying to decide what to make since my oven was repaired yesterday and I want to take it out for a "test drive!" Happy Weekend, dear friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! I love brownies. (Stopping by from Tatertots & Jello.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fudgy brownies look so moist and yummy! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe at our Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mouth is watering looking at those brownies haha I share your experience. It's only recently that I've been getting into dark chocolate. I'll definitely have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful brownies!!
    I'm familiar with the recipe and we loooooooove these brownies

    ReplyDelete
  6. These brownies look so moist and fudgy! These will be the next new recipe I'll be cooking ... yum! I like to bake, I'd like to try the Susan's Granola as well :- I'm visiting from the Sweets for a Saturday-blog hop.
    Have a great weekend,
    your new follower
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing like a good brownie, and these look perfect! I'd love to have you come and link up at Taste and Tell Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    We found you from the Six Sisters Blog Hop. You have some great ideas and we would like for you to share with our readers too. We are hosting our first link party tomorrow and we would like to invite you to link up with us. We have a fun blog to co-host with us. Hope to see you there.

    Thanks!
    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye.

    http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious. Is it 1 1/4 cups of butter or 1 1/4 cubes of butter? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy! It's cups. Thanks for noticing the missing info, it's in there now. :)

      Delete
  10. My husband was just looking for a fudge brownie recipe and these look absolutely delish! Thanks for sharing on Whisk Away Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I have not had good luck with homemade Brownies before but these look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...