Friday, November 16, 2012

Ricotta Gnocchi

I've never made my own pasta before, but this Ricotta Gnocchi was so simple!  Not only was it easy, it was delicious.  After cooking the Ricotta Gnocchi, I fried it in butter and sprinkled it with Parmesan cheese.  It was good, very good!  It would also be fantastic in soup or with a pasta sauce. 


1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, except flour, and mix well.  Add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough is soft and sticky.  Pour the dough out on a floured surface and knead in remaining 1/2 cup flour until the dough no longer sticks to your hands.  Bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Divide dough into 6 pieces.  Roll each piece into a rope that is about 1/2 inch thick.  Slice into 1 inch pieces.  When the water is boiling, drop the gnocchi into the water.  When the gnocchi is all floating, cook for 30 more seconds.  Remove gnocchi from the pot with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander.

Recipe from Budget Bytes.

2 comments:

  1. Gnocchi is one of my favorite things to make, but I've only done the potato ones. These look delicious and I will definitely try them, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gnocchi. This recipe looks great. What do you serve them with though. Red sauce? Thanks for sharing.

    Heidi
    Exede

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...