Friday, January 4, 2013

Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Mix

I think I have a bit of an obsession with peppermint candy canes.  I buy them by the case.  Literally.  They're one of my favorite things to buy when they go on clearance after Christmas.  I use them throughout the year in my Peppermint Meltaways, White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake and Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Mix.  I might even have the urge to make Candy Cane Fudge sometime during the year.  I usually break out the candy cane stash in the middle of the summer when I am dreaming of the cooler weather.  And no one complains a bit.  I might get strange looks from the kid's friends, but no complaints.



10 peppermint candy canes
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup powdered creamer
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Break up the candy canes place in the bowl of a food processor and process until the candy canes turn to powder.  Pour candy cane powder into a small bowl and add remaining ingredients; mix well.  To serve, mix 1/3 cup Candy Cane Hot Cocoa Mix into 3/4 cup hot milk.  Stir well.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Tatertots and Jello.

2 comments:

  1. I love adding candy canes to my hot chocolate! I'll have to make a batch of this so I can always have it on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my grandson hot chocolate when he was here, but he remarked that he didn't have a candy cane to stir it! He would have loved this recipe...as do I! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...