Thursday, January 10, 2013

Creamy White Chicken Chili

Last night my sweet hubby came home super excited.  He heard on the radio that if you test drove a vehicle from one of the local dealerships, they would give you free tickets to the Utah Jazz vs Miami Heat game that's coming up this next Monday.  Even though I'm not much of a sports fan, I decided to be a good sport and go with him.  To make a long story short, I went to test drive a car for free tickets and walked out with a new car.  Now that's what I call a good salesman!  And a nice impulse purchase. :)

This Creamy White Chicken Chili is fantastic!  I can't think of a better dinner on a cold winter night.  



1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups shredded chicken
1 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Franks)
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese
2 cups half & half
1 teaspoon cumin
2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
3 (15 ounce) cans navy or white beans, drained

Place butter in a large pot and cook over medium heat until melted.  Whisk in the flour to make a paste.  Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and half & half.  Whisk until is thickens and starts to bubble.  Add cheese and whisk until melted.  Add remaining ingredients and cook until warm.  Do not boil.

Recipe from my friend Nikki.

Linked on Serendipity and Spice and Whisk Away Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great impulse purchase! :)
    Love this chili! Perfect for these winter evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely amazing. I've never tried a white chili before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's half and half? Im from Philippines and I don't know about it. Is it a brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half and half is a mixture of milk and cream - it's half milk, half cream. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...