Thursday, January 5, 2012

Blueberry Breakfast Sauce

Want a yummy topping for your pancakes, waffles or french toast other than syrup? This Blueberry Breakfast Sauce may be just what you're looking for. It's sweet, fruity, and lighter than syrup. The kids liked the Blueberry Breakfast Sauce, but prefer syrup. I loved the sauce, but I think I will add a teaspoon or so of lemon zest next time. Lemon and blueberries just seem to go together. For me anyway....



1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water. Add blueberries; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold over French toast, pancakes or waffles.

Recipe from All Recipes.

Linked on Sweet for a Saturday #51.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds great, I would have it with ice cream because I love ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I think it would be excellent on ice cream as well. Wonder why I didn't think of that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...