Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yam Souffle

Oh wow! I have had super tasty sweet potato casseroles, but this Yam Souffle tops them all! Technically, Yam Souffle is a dessert, but up the same isle as the sweet potato casseroles.

I was in the mood for a sweet potato casserole and have a few different recipes, all of which are fantastic. I was having a hard time deciding on "the one" for the mood so I asked my sweet hubby. His response? The more sugar in it, the better! No wonder he is so sweet. Since this one has the most sugar, it had to be the one for him. We both really enjoyed his choice. It can be eaten warm or cold, either way is fantastic.


3 yams
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 eggs
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup evaporated milk

Topping:
¾ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1 cup pecans

Mash yams with cinnamon and pour into a 9x11 inch pan. Combine butter, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and evaporated milk. Pour over yams and fold in just slightly. Mix together topping ingredients. Sprinkle over yams and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Recipe from my friend Jenny.

Linked on Sweet for a Saturday #51.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...