Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pizzookie

Oh, wow! Know what's better than chocolate chip cookies? How about a giant chocolate chip cookie that only dirties the pan it's cooked in? The dough is made in the same pan it's cooked in! Oh, yeah.

This Chocolate Chip Pizzookie is deadly. A total diet killer! My new years resolution this year was no sweets. Yeah, that lasted for less than a 24 hours. I think I'm getting weaker and weaker with age. I went with out chocolate for an entire year once! The best diet ever, right? Not quite. It didn't take me long to figure out that there were plenty of other treats out there that didn't contain chocolate. Shocking, I know, but there are!



½ cup butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate (chips, chunks, etc)

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in an 8 or 10 inch oven proof skillet set over medium-low heat. Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let rest until pan is warm, but no longer very hot, about 5 minutes. Crack an egg onto the butter and sugar mixture, and use a fork to whisk it into the mixture. Place flour, baking soda, and salt on top, and very carefully stir into the mixture until smooth and well-mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks. Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown on the top and around the edges, but still soft in the center. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Recipe from Tasty Kitchen.

Linked on Get Your Brag On and Sweets for a Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. I made this the other day, it was delish! I loved it because it was quick and easy and sometimes I'm in the mood for a cookie now, not 30 min later. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm . . . this looks amazing. Way better than the one I just pinned with garbanzo beans! I must make this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I've made a version of this before and they're so tasty! And easy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...