Thursday, December 15, 2011

Maple Nut Fudge

Maple Nut Fudge. Who knew, right? It turned out absolutely delicious! My sweet hubby claimed this one as his favorite. He said he like the ones with nuts best. He is kinda nutty..... But that's just how I like him.


4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup genuine maple syrup
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Line a 9-inch square baking dish with foil. Butter and set aside.

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, maple syrup, milk, and miniature marshmallows; cook, stirring occasionally, until the candy or digital thermometer reaches 235 degrees F. or until it forms a soft ball when a little of the mixture is dropped in cold water. Remove from heat.

Let cool to 115 degrees F; add nuts and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer at medium speed, beat until mixture loses its gloss and starts to harden around edge of saucepan. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cool completely. Cut into squares.

Yields 36 squares or 1 1/4 pounds.

Recipe from What's Cooking America.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday 48 and Sweet Indulgences Sunday #35.

3 comments:

  1. that looks delicious!! I love maple nut fudge. Always wanted to know how to make them. Glad to have stumbled upon your blog. I'm your newest follower :)

    xo andrea
    http://gofeastyourself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Andrea! I'm happy you found me and glad to have you here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and I loved to eat Maple Nut Goodies when I was growing up. This fudge brings bake those memories. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...