Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Key Lime Fudge

Fudge, fudge, fudge! When I was a kid, Mom made fudge every Christmas. It was always brown chocolatey fudge, 'cause that's what fudge is, right? Wrong! I made 8 different kinds of fudge and only 2 were a brown chocolatey kind. That means 6 weren't! Who knew, right?


Look at all that yumminess!


I decided to put them in these little containers to share with some neighbors. How "sweet". :D


Kinda cute (and YUMMY!!!), hu?

My neighbor said the Key Lime Pie Fudge was his and his wife's favorite. He said they were actually fighting over it. Really, I didn't mean to cause any marital discord, I was just trying to share a little yumminess. Moral of this story? Make sure to share enough with neighbors or friends that they don't have to fight over it. That is, if you can bare to part from any.

This Key Lime Pie Fudge is one of my favorites, too! I've decided fudge is kinda like kids, you love them all and don't really have a favorite. That's why this is just one of my favorites.

Key Lime Pie Fudge is the perfect combo of sweet and sour. And the graham cracker crust? Oh my! And Key Lime Pie fudge is even easy to make!


1/3 C. unsalted butter
1/4 C. sugar
1 1/4 C. graham crackers crumbs
3 C. white chocolate, finely chopped
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 T. key lime zest, about 5-6 Key limes (I like to chop mine up pretty fine)
1/4 C. key lime juice

Line an 8x8 pan with foil or parchment paper, extending it up and over the pan. Butter the sides and bottom of the pan. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 375. In a medium sized bowl, melt butter and then stir in sugar and graham cracker crumbs and mix well. Press evenly into the bottom of the baking pan and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.

Pour sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips into a large saucepan and heat on low, just until chocolate is melted and all the lumps are gone. Remove from heat and stir in lime zest and lime juice. I also added 1 drop of green food coloring (optional). It just made it seem more limey to me. Spread mixture evenly onto the prepared crust.

Cover and chill for several hours or overnight. Lift the fudge from pan using edges of foil or parchment. Peel off foil and cut the fudge into one-inch pieces. Fudge can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for one week.

Recipe from Family Bites

Linked on Show Me What Ya Got #53, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Susie QT Pies Scraps of Life, Sweets for a Saturday 48, Show Off Your Stuff #3 and Sweet Indulgences Sunday #35.

8 comments:

  1. My daughter would have loved these--Key Lime Pie was her favorite summer dessert and she had an obsession with fudge. Thank you for the memory. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived near YOU!!! Beautiful post, I love different fudge flavors, in fact I am NOT a big fan of traditional chocolate fudge. I am pinning your post.

    Sharon Anne @ sharealikecooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds delicious! and what a fresh taste on the christmas buffet with all the regular stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fudge sounds delicious! I love the pale green color. I hope you'll stop by Sweet Indulgences Sunday and share your fudge recipes.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/12/sweet-indulgences-sunday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your recipes did double duty this week because this one also made the Top 5! Congrats! Not surprised, because this sounds so original and looks delicious to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and linking to Show Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks delicious & love the way they have presented!!Came across via show your stuff linky...
    I have a linky party on Wednesday & would appreciate if you join too when possible….
    Midweek Fiesta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...