Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hummus

Now that I am finally on the hummus train (if only the kids would hop on, too.....), I decided to give another recipe a try. This hummus is full of flavor and very tasty on fresh veggies. It would make an excellent appetizer for your Christmas party.


1(15.5 ounce can) garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
1/3 cup tahini or sesame paste
4 cloves minced garlic
1/3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon dashes hot sauce
1 to 2 teaspoons salt

Place all ingredients (with 2 tablespoons of the reserved liquid) in a food processor and process until coarsely pureed. Add more reserved liquid or lemon juice if needed. Hummus should be thick.

Recipe adapted from Barefoot Contessa

1 comment:

  1. When people ask me how do I get my protein being a vegetarian, I answer...Hummus! This recipe looks wonderful and it's my go-to lunch when I have tons of work to do. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...