Thursday, December 1, 2011

Banana Cream Pie

This Banana Cream Pie is amazing! A flaky crust, sliced bananas, and a tasty, homemade pudding. YUM!! I had an extra pie crust to use from Thanksgiving, so I made Banana Cream Pie for my 10 year old - it's her favorite pie. What a sweet mom I am!


1 pie crust (I like to use my Perfect Pie Crust)
4 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
3 cups milk
2 tablespoon margarine or butter
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
3 bananas

Combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to medium and cook and whisk 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Slightly beat egg yolks. Gradually whisk about 1 cup of hot filling into egg yolks. Pour egg yolk mixture into hot filling in pan. Bring to a gentle boil and cook stirring 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in margarine and vanilla. Slice bananas and arrange over bottom of pie crust. Pour filling over and chill 3 to 6 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...