Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birthday Cake Fudge

Birthday Cake Fudge was the favorite of my 3 and 5 year olds. They love anything cake flavored. I don't think the sprinkles hurt either. My 5 year old brought me sprinkles before I even started the fudge and told me I needed to put them on the fudge. What a brilliant little cutie!

Come to think of it, the sprinkles were VERY important. My 3 year old brought me a piece of the Birthday Cake Fudge with tears streaming down her pretty little face and informed me that there was only one sprinkle on her piece. I guess next time I need to make sure the corners get well sprinkled. Sprinkles. Are. Important!

Compared to the other flavors of fudge we tried, I thought the Birthday Cake Fudge had the mildest flavor. Especially when sampling them all together. The flavor was more evident when tried alone. Super tasty either way, though.


3 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) margarine
1 (5 ounce) can (2/3 cup) evaporated milk
12 oz chopped white chocolate chips
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1/4 cup yellow cake mix (just the powdered MIX, not batter)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Blue coloring
Rainbow sprinkles

Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil, leaving the ends hanging over the edges of the pan. Spray foil thoroughly with nonstick spray.

Place the sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, and let boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.

Add white chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, and cake mix, stirring until chocolate chips are melted. Add vanilla and mix well.

Working quickly, pour about 2/3 of the fudge in prepared pan. Add a few drops of blue candy coloring to remaining fudge, mixing and adding until you achieve the desired shade. Spoon blue fudge over the top, spacing it out. Using a sharp knife, draw swirls through the blue and white to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle the top generously with rainbow sprinkles before the top sets up.

Let sit at room temperature until cool, then place in the refrigerator until firm.

Recipe from Mrs. Bettie Rocker & Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen.

Linked on Show Me What Ya Got #53, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Sweets for a Saturday 48, Susie QT Pies Scraps of Life Christmas Linky and Sweet Indulgences Sunday #35.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and sounds delicious! I think I have all of the ingredients to make it, too. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/12/sweet-indulgences-sunday-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just looks awesome! You made the Top 5 for last week's Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this looks incredible! So unique and it's so pretty, too. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

    Pinning on pinterest. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...