Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pizzaghetti

I have been blessed with 5 darling little angels. That being said, I am to the point that I have to have something that the kids can either help with,



or that I can make before they catch me in the kitchen. Butter knifes are a moms best friend! Much better than Insta-care runs for stitches. As you can see, the girls job was cutting the olives. They were also VERY efficient samplers. Nothing gets by them!

I asked the kids what they wanted for lunch. The 9 year old yells out "French toast and spaghetti!"
Me "Really!?! Together?"
9 Year old "No Mom, next to each other." (Duh!)
4 Year old "EWWWW!"

In the name of compromise, we went with Parmesan Garlic Bread and Pizzaghetti. The 9 and 11 year olds did top their bread with the Pizzaghetti and eat it that way. The 4 year olds response? "EWWWW!"

When I got dinner on the table and the hubby was about half way finished eating, he said "You are so creative with food sometimes. The kids said they wanted spaghetti and I get an Italianish (I think he should be able to add words to my dictionary too. That's a good one) casserole with spaghetti." Creative? I gave him a "look". Not to worry, though. He assured me it was a good thing. *Blush* So I told him "That's 'cause I'm a creative genius". And he agreed. Boy, I have him trained!

Even though I would love to take all the credit for it, I got the idea from a lady who brought a similar dish to our family years, and years, and years ago, when my mom had my baby sister. Okay, maybe not that long ago. That would make me really, really, really old. I just don't think I am THAT old. The kids might, but I don't.

Linked on This Weeks Cravings #18.





1 (1 lb) package spaghetti noodles
1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup sliced or diced pepperoni
1 cup sliced olives
2 cups grated cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and mix with spaghetti sauce. Grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Layer 1/2 of the noodles, pepperoni, olives and cheese. Repeat with the other half of the ingredients. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes - until the cheese is melted.

You can use any pizza toppings you want/like. We like the pepperoni and olives. It is good with sliced mushrooms too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...