Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cracker Candy

One of my friends made this for an enrichment meeting a year or so ago. My 11 year old kept begging me to make some toffee, so I tried this out.

Okay, time for a little honesty. I have a hard time getting over the fact that there are crackers in this toffee. Don't get me wrong, it really is delicious, but crackers and candy don't go together, at least not for me. I probably will try making it again, only add an extra half recipe of the toffee to help disguise the crackers a little better. The crackers don't give it a funny taste or anything, just a bit lighter texture. I guess that really could be a good thing. I'm sure it cuts the calories down quite a bit. My kids all liked it. My 11 year old was even surprised that it tasted like toffee and not crackers and told me that I did good. What a little sweetie!



1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Butter or grease an 11"x15" pan. Lay crackers down in a single layer. Combine butter and sugar in a sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat. Boil for 3 minutes. Pour on top of the crackers and bake in a 375 oven for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and spread when melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...