Friday, January 7, 2011

Parmesan Garlic Bread

My kids love garlic bread. I love that it is easy. It doesn't matter how much I make, it always disappears super fast. And there is usually a battle over the last slice. The kids will have a race to see who can eat their dinner fastest so they can have seconds of the bread. When the bread gets down to the last couple of pieces, or even the last piece, the race is on again to finish the piece they have so they can get the last piece. You'd think I was starving them and it was their last meal!



1 Loaf french bread - sliced into 1" slices
Butter
Garlic powder
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Butter 1 side of each slice of french bread and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder and then with Parmesan cheese (I use between 1 and 2 teaspoons per slice of bread). Broil on the top rack of the oven for 1 to 2 minutes - until the sides of the bread are lightly browned. Watch closely!! It doesn't take long for it to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...