Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chocolate Mint Cookies

Theses cookies are absolutely delicious! But then again, anything with the chocolate mints in them (or the mints just plain), are awesome.

The kids like to help take the wrappers off the candy and press them into the warm cookies. When there's something that the kids can help with, it makes life a lot easier. It actually speeds things up for me. Instead of kicking the kids out of the kitchen 20 times, cleaning up whatever they decide to "help" with, and then whatever else they decide to "help" with while I was cleaning up the first mess...... I just sit them down and give them an extra special chore that they can do. I love to tell them what big helpers they are and how I don't know what I would ever do without them. Sometimes my sweet little 4 year old will tell me that I would have to do all the work all by myself without her and that I wouldn't even have my special taster girl. Man, she is a smart one!



3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 (4.5 ounce) packages chocolate wafer mints (Andes)

In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the sugar, butter and water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat, stir in the chocolate chips until melted and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, be careful not to over bake. When cookies come out of the oven, Press one mint wafer into the top of each cookie and let sit for 1 minute. When the mint is softened, swirl with the back of a spoon or toothpick to make a pattern with the green filling of the mint wafer. For smaller cookies, break mints in half.

Recipe from  All Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...