Thursday, January 27, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Chips

My kids think I am VERY cool 'cause I can actually make tortilla chips. Honestly, they are so very easy. Almost as easy as opening a bag of chips. They are so easy, in fact, that I almost feel silly for sharing the recipe (if it can even be called that).

I love that these chips are not only simple, but healthier and lower in fat than the store bought chips. And I guess it doesn't hurt that they make me a cool mom too. I will take cool however I can get it.

The chips are great with Quick and Easy Salsa and the salsa can be made up while the chips are baking.


Corn tortillas
Oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly brush one side of the tortillas with oil (I will sometimes use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray - 0 calories). Cut each tortilla into 6 triangles (in half, and then each half in thirds). I like to stack 3 or 4 tortillas and cut them with a pizza cutter. Place triangles with the oil side up on a cookie sheet. Lightly salt and bake for 5 minutes. Turn the chips over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...