Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Eggnog Fudge

This Eggnog Fudge is amazing!  My daughter (who is not a fan of eggnog) tried a piece.

Daughter "Eww!  This stuff is disgusting!  It tastes just like eggnog."
Me "Um, that's why it's called Eggnog Fudge."

I sure love my kids!

If you like eggnog, you'll love this Eggnog fudge.  As my friend said in a text "It's like eating eggnog... I like it." :)


1 1/2 cups eggnog
4 cups sugar
2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
1 cup butter
1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow cream
1 1/2 teaspoons eggnog extract (Mine is from Lorann Oils that I bought at Orson Gygi)
nutmeg for sprinkling

Combing eggnog and sugar in a large pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil.  Boil, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in the butter, marshmallow cream and white chocolate chips and mix until everything is melted and well incorporated.  Stir in eggnog extract, if using.  Pour into a foil lined 9x13 inch pan and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Recipe from The Royal Cook, an original!

Linked on Tatertots and Jello, Sweet as Sugar Cookies and Show Me What Ya Got!

9 comments:

  1. My hubby would go crazy for this--he loves egg nog and your fudge looks heavenly, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, this sounds fantastic! Love the idea of using eggnog to make fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eggnog and this fudge sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to make this for my mom, but I'm worried I won't be able to track down eggnog extract in time. Have you made this withought it? Was it still "eggnoggy" enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it without the extract. Sorry.

      Delete
  5. Hi Susan, These look amazing. I love that you've based it off the white chocolate method too. So quick, easy but decedent. If you don't mind, I'd love if you'd link these up on Sugar & Slice Sunday link party. Each week Sunday-Thursday.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  6. what does the eggnog extract supposed to do? Is it for consistency sake?

    ReplyDelete
  7. what does the eggnog extract supposed to do? Is it for consistency sake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eggnog extract is just for a stronger eggnog flavor. It would work just fine without the eggnog extract, but I don't know how strong the flavor would be.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...