Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite (if not favorite) parts of making cookies is eating some of the dough before all the cookies are baked.  And my favorite dough is chocolate chip cookie dough.  Yum!  I hate to admit how much chocolate chip cookie dough I eat each time I make cookies.  I think that's one of the reasons I love this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge so much.  It really does taste like cookie dough!  My kids all loved it, especially my 4 year old.  She couldn't get enough!



1 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil.  Combine the sugar, brown sugar, cream, milk, corn syrup, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.  Boil until the candy reaches 242 degrees, stirring frequently.  Remove from heat and stir in the butter, flour, and vanilla.  Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan and let cool to about 110 degrees.  Once cooled, scraped mixture into the bowl of a stand mixture.  Beat with the paddle attachment until the mixture holds its shape (3 to 5 minutes).  Press fudge into the 8x8 inch pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips (press the chips down lightly).  Let the fudge set until chocolate chips are no longer soft.

Recipe adapted from Bake at 350.

Linked on Sweet as Sugar Cookies

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to turn cookie dough into fudge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...fudge! This brings back making batches and batches with my mom at this time of year to give as gifts; although we always gobbled a few before they were packaged. Yummy post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favorites together? This is a dangerous recipe! -Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...