Friday, April 6, 2012

Paleo Breakfast Bars - Like Healthy Cake

These Paleo Breakfast Bars are SO good!  They taste just like cake, but are healthy!  I made them for my little girls for lunch and, after sampling the finished product, told them they got to eat cake for lunch.  They were beyond excited and as soon as their big Sissy got home, they let her know they had cake for lunch.  She refused to believe I would feed the little ones cake for lunch.  Mom just isn't that cool. :)

4 Year old "Mom made us cake for lunch!"

10 Year old "Whatever."

6 Year old "Really!  Mom let us have cake for lunch!"

10 Year old (looking around the kitchen for proof) "If Mom let you have cake for lunch, it was some disgusting healthy cake."

4 Year old "Nu uh.  Mom makes good cake."

I had a piece leftover so I let her try it.  She took a very timid first bite and then her eyes lit up.  I ended up making it 2 more times in the next 2 days at her request.  Yep, it really passed the picky eater test.  She even hid a couple pieces to take to school in her lunch.  According to my 6 year old, the only thing that would make it better is frosting.

6 Year old "Mom, if you put frosting on my cake it would be healthy!"

4 Year old "'Cause frosting is good for our bodies, hu Mom."

Silly, silly girls!


½ cup almond butter
2 eggs
2 tablespoons honey or agave
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon stevia (I use about 1/4 dropper full of the liquid)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon

In a large bowl, mix almond butter, eggs, honey or agave, vanilla and stevia.  Add salt, baking soda and cinnamon.  Mix well until all ingredients are combined.  Pour batter into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.  Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes.

Recipe From Elana's Pantry.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I will share this post of yours on my wordpess. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...