Monday, April 9, 2012

The Best Homemade Taco Seasoning

I know that's kind of a bold statement, but it really is The Best Homemade Taco Seasoning!  I made a few different kinds of taco seasoning this week, ranging from you-call-that-taco-seasoning!?!? to this stuff.  The Best Homemade Taco Seasoning.  I use taco seasoning a lot, and decided to try making my own.  It turned out to be not to bad of an idea.  At least once I tried this recipe.


1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well.  1 Tablespoon equals about 1 packet store bought mix.  Use to taste.
 
Recipe from All Recipes.

Linked on Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. How cool you create your taco seasoning yourself, this sounds so interesting. I am sure it tastes marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you...I can't find my recipe and I love homemade. I use it for soy crumbles for tacos, but it's also good in a black bean dip I make and sprinkled on homemade tortillas. We are definitely in sync...are you a Scorpio! LOL!!
    <3Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aquarius or Capricorn, depending on which horoscope you read. Must be in the name. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...