Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Orange Julius

My kids love Orange Julius and call it "those orange shake things". Very sophisticated, I know. That's okay, though. I love them just the way they are, with all their unsophisticatedness (that's my new word for the day) and all. I guess I would like them to be a little cleaner, you know, pick up after themselves and all. Even if they don't pick up after themselves, I do believe I will keep them just the same. They are rather nice to look at and even provide countless moments of joy and laughter. Yup, I do believe I will keep them.


6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (that's half the can. Do NOT attempt to double the batch in you blender - unless, of course, you have a monstrously HUGE blender)
3/4 cup water
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups ice

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. My blender takes less than 30 seconds. It is a WAY cool industrial smoothie making blender (thanks sweet hubby!).

1 comment:

  1. My family loves Orange Julius's too! I've been making a skinny version for years that you might like to try, http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-orange-julius/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...