Monday, February 14, 2011

Simple Heart Cakes with Strawberries

I first saw these cute little cakes on The Dating Divas (they originally came from Woman's Day), and fell in love with the idea. I had everything I needed to make them and then they popped up on Real Mom Kitchen. I guess great minds think alike. :)

I made these for the kids and they were SO impressed. Mom can turn Twinkies into hearts! What can I say....I am a super cool mom (if only you could hear me laughing!). The hubby even though I was pretty darn clever. I guess I will have to keep my inspiration a secret and let them keep thinking such great thoughts about me.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday #4, It's a Valentine's Party, Letting the creative juices flow and This Weeks Cravings #19.


Twinkies
Strawberries
Strawberry glaze (I used Danish Dessert)

Cut each Twinkie in half on a diagonal. Put 2 halves together to make a heart and top with strawberries and glaze (I put mine in a baggie and cut off the corner).

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you made this out of Twinkies! You really are the coolest mom. They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea until I started reading that those were twinkies. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! Thanks for linking up to my Valentine's Party! Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO CUTE! Thanks so much for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS ROMANTIC DINNERS! We appreciate it! Don't forget to come back next week for a St. Patrick's Celebration "GREEN FOOD"!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...