Monday, October 25, 2010

Crepes

Crepes are my 11 year old's favorite breakfast food. They may be the favorite of all my kids. My little 4 year old calls them "those roll up things". They are more time consuming than I like, but I did give in and make them for breakfast the other day. I had some strawberries to use and thought crepes would be delicious with them. My personal favorite way to eat them is with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries. My kids usually eat them spread with melted butter and sprinkled with powdered sugar. Even though we usually eat them for breakfast, the also make a great desert.



1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Blend together in blender on high for 1 minute. Preheat crepe pan (or you could use a flat bottom frying pan) over medium heat. Butter the bottom of the pan (I use a frozen stick of butter and just circle it on the bottom of my pan - the frozen butter makes it easy to work with) and pour in about 1/4 cup of batter. When I pour the batter in, I hold my pan up off the heat and angle it a little. I pour the batter in the center of the pan and rotate the pan around to cover the bottom only with a thin layer of batter. Cook until small holes form in the crepe (about 1 minute), then flip over and cook about an additional 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...