Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

So here is my confession. Actually, I have 2 confessions. The first is, I don't have much tact. I have a lot more than I used to, but still seem to be lacking. If I say something that seems, well, less than kind, what little tact I have must be hiding. Probably hiding by the hand of my 4 year old. I lose my keys, phone, jewelry, hair brush, etc all the time. I don't really lose them myself, my sweet little 4 year old just decides that I need to spend a good part of the day playing "hide and seek" with out my knowledge. You know, if she weren't so dang cute, I would be forced to sell her to the gypsies! Confession #2 - I used to be a "from scratch" only type of person. If a recipe called for a can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, I would pass it up without a second thought. I thought that using canned soup in recipes was cheating and for loosers (I guess that would fall into the hiding tact category...). Well, either I am a cheating looser now, or canned soup is not bad in recipes. I think I will stick with option B.

Now that fall is here, I can make soup again!! Well, I always could make soup, it just seems more seasonally appropriate now. This soup has such a homey feel to it. A nice warm bowl of creamy, hearty, tasty goodness.



4 bullion cubes (I used 4 teaspoons Better Than Bullion)
3 cups chicken stock
2 cups carrots, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
3/4 cup onion, chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used reduced fat)
1/2 cup half and half
2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
2 1/2 cups cooked noodles (I used Country Pasta - it takes longer to cook, but tastes more like homemade)

Simmer veggies in chicken stock with bullion until tender - about 20 minutes. Combine soup and half and half. Add to the veggies with chicken and noodles. Simmer all together for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...