Saturday, October 16, 2010

Banana Bread

This banana bread is the most light and moist banana bread I have ever tried. I always double the batch and it is lucky to survive for 24 hours. My sweet little 4 year old asks me to help her make it all the time. We just get started and then she decides she needs to go watch cartoons. She will come back to help me again when the bowl needs to be licked. For some reason, I still fall for it. Man she is good!

When ever I have over ripe bananas, I put them in the freezer to save for this recipe. When I am ready to make banana bread, I pull the bananas out that I need and let them thaw. Then I just open one end and let the banana slither out. They don't even need to be mashed after they have been frozen.


1 cup sugar
¾ cup oil
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup sour milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 very ripe bananas
1 cup chopped pecans, optional

Beat all ingredients. Pour into 1 large or 2 medium loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up in our Christmas Goodie link up! I'm following your blog!

    Susie http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/search/label/8%20Weeks%20of%20Christmas%20Goodies%20Link%20up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...