Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Baptism Dress Cupcake Cake and My Favorite Frosting - Coconut Buttercream Frosting

My little girl turned 8 last month and got baptized this past weekend.  I found the idea for her cake floating around on Pinterest and made this darling Baptism Dress Cupcake Cake for her.  It was super simple but everyone was pretty impressed.  It would also make a fantastic bridal shower or christening cake.


I used my favorite frosting, Coconut Buttercream Frosting, on it and everyone loved it!  The butter and coconut flavorings are my secret ingredients.  My kids (coconut haters) have no clue there's coconut flavoring in it and even like this frosting better than my Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.  Unless you knew there was coconut flavoring in the frosting, you'd probably never guess.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 pound powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
1 teaspoon butter flavoring
1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
2-4 tablespoons milk

Combine butter and shortening in a large bowl and mix until smooth.  Add powdered sugar and mix until well combined.  Add flavorings and milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until the frosting is smooth and desired consistency.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Weekend re-Treat and  Pin It Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE coconut and this is definitely going in my recipe files. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is beautiful and the recipe sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party. Can't wait to see what you link up at tomorrow's party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...