Monday, March 3, 2014

Chewy Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love coconut.  I secretly add coconut flavoring to my buttercream frosting sometimes, just because I can.  But don't tell the kids or they'll never trust me enough to eat a thing I make again!  For some reason, the kids claim not to like coconut.  Not sure why.  My littles sure are strange!  So....anytime I think I can sneak a little coconut in, I do.  The oatmeal hides it a bit and the kids all loved these cookies.  Especially the one who claims to dislike coconut the most.  She practically ate half the batch!

These Chewy Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are sweet, buttery, chewy, chocolaty goodness.  And since they have oatmeal in them they're healthy, right?


1 cup oatmeal (I used old fashioned)
2 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup coconut (if you don't like coconut, fell free to leave it out)
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put the oatmeal into a food processor or blender and blend about 30 seconds until coarse. Add flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the butter for 30 seconds until light in color. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Add the dry ingredients then add the coconut and chocolate chips. Shape cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool slightly before removing them from the pan to a cooling rack.

Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

Linked on Weekend re-Treat.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Chewy, chocolate, and coconut all in one cookie...sounds like something I would love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...