Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sweet Pork

I was trying to think what to write about this stuff, but nothing even semi clever came to mind. I asked my cute little 9 year old what I should write about it and she said "It's easy, it's delicious and my best friend even likes it. Everyone should try it." So there you have it. My pickiest eater says try it. It is delicious. My entire family loves it and requests it often.



1 (3 to 5 lb) pork roast (I used a shoulder picnic roast)
1 can Coca Cola
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
2 cups red enchilada sauce (I used sauce from a packet)

Cook roast with 2/3 of the Coca Cola in a crock pot on high for 4 to 6 hours. Drain liquid and shred pork. Add remaining Coca Cola, brown sugar, green chilies and enchilada sauce to the shredded pork. Cook on low for an additional 1 to 2 hours. Serve in tacos, burritos, salad or quesadillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...