Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Perfect Pancakes

Pancakes are my all time favorite breakfast food. If it were up to me, I would make them every single day. For some reason, the kids don't seem to think that they want to eat pancakes every day, and, well, I just can't eat the entire batch all by myself (shouldn't anyway...). I think something must be wrong with them to not want pancakes every day. Especially when Mom makes them.

One of the things I love about this recipe is that you make up a huge bowl of the mix, and then mix up a batch anytime with no effort. If I remember right, I got the recipe from an old (okay, I'll admit it, antique is a more appropriate word) Make A Mix cookbook.



1 1/2 cups pancake mix - recipe below
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup water
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Combine and mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cook in hot pan.


Pancake Mix

10 cups flour
2 1/2 cups powdered milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking powder
1 tablespoons salt

Combine all ingredients and blend well. Store in air tight container for 6 to 8 months. Makes 13 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...