Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I had some delicious chicken noodle soup at Bunko a couple weeks ago and have been craving some every since. So what did I do? I made some! I haven't made chicken noodle soup for quite a while, but it was still just as yummy as I remembered it.

This is a soup I used along with Cheesy Potato Soup to cater a luncheon.


3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
1 1/2 cups celery, sliced
1 cup onion, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
12 cups chicken stock
5 cups uncooked noodles (I like the home style noodles, but any will work)
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch

In a large pot, combine chicken stock, poultry seasoning, onion, celery and carrots. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minute. Cook noodles according to package directions. Add noodles and chicken to the soup. Bring to a simmer and add cornstarch mixed with enough water to make it pourable. Stir well and let cook for another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...