Thursday, March 24, 2011

5 Flavor Pound Cake

I tried some amazing almond pound cake at a meeting a couple weeks ago and I haven't been able to get it off my mind. It was, like I said, amazing! I looked and looked for an almond pound cake recipe that had good reviews and looked good, but there was nothing that I found. I found this recipe on All Recipes and decided to give it a try. I changed it just a little and left off the glaze and it turned out wonderful.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday #10 and Crazy For Cakes.


1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 teaspoon butter extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Add extracts to milk and set aside. Cream butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder and add in alternating with the milk. Pour into 2 large bread pans, or 1 tube pan that are well greased and floured. Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack. Run a knife around the edge of the pan if it isn't coming out easily.

If the top browns too quickly, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.

Recipe from All Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...