Monday, March 28, 2011

Amazing Pasta Sauce

Yep, it really is amazing. I made this Amazing Pasta Sauce for dinner last night and scored enough brownie points to last me for a month (or more!). My sweet hubby thought he had died and gone to heaven. He told me that this is his favorite sauce and I should make it more often. Our conversation went something like this...

Him "Oh, Babe! This stuff is AMAZING!"
Me "I know" (humble, aren't I)
Him "No, really, it's amazing!"
Me "No, really, I know." (still humble)
Him "You really should make this sauce more often. It is SO good."
Me "Hmm"
Him "I love it when you make this sauce. It's my favorite."

He was even polite enough to swallow what was in his mouth before talking. I have to agree with him. I really should make it more often. It is my favorite sauce as well. I have a bunch of bottled sauce that I use for a quick meal, so I haven't made this Amazing Pasta Sauce for quite a while, but it is divine. It freezes well too.


1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound sweet Italian sausage (I use a full 19.25 oz package)
8 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil
4 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Break up the sausage into small pieces and brown with onion and garlic in a large sauce pan. Puree 2 cans of tomatoes and add to sausage with remaining tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, oregano, dried basil, salt and sugar. Let simmer uncovered for 1 hour.

4 comments:

  1. How many people will this serve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A TON!! I have a family of 7 and we are able to eat it for a good 3 meals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As your sister I can say, you stink!!! We made this last week and now we can never buy store spaghetti sauce again! This is SO good!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...