Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lemon Tea Cookies

I am suffering from a bad case of spring fever. In an attempt to remedy my spring fever, I made these tasty lemon cookies. I think they may have even helped to ease the spring fever, until I looked out the window. Who ordered that white stuff out there? Yuck!

I'm surprised I was able to get a picture of the cookies, they disappeared fast! The kids loved them!

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday #8.

Linked on Anything Related 39 and Show Me What Ya Got #14.


¾ cup butter
1 cups sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 teaspoons lemon extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, corn syrup and lemon extract. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Combine and mix until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I am also suffering from "winteritis" lemon cookies would definitely help my mental state. Thanks so much for the recipe, I'm going to make them tomorrow for a baby shower. I'll let you know how they turned out :) Gotta love lemon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...