Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pizza Dough

I don't know how many times I've tried to start this post.  Several, I know.  I just can't seem to come up with anything to say.  Not that this Pizza Dough isn't good.  It is.  Really!  I guess my creative side is missing today.  What little of it I have.  So I guess it's on to the recipe.  And a very good one, at that.


4 1/2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
2 tablespoons sugar

Combine flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl and mix well.  Stir in water (I use tap water as warm as I can get it) and oil.  Add more flour or water if needed.  Cover dough and let rise in a warm spot until double, about 20 minutes.  Punch down dough and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.  Preheat oven to 500 .  Shape dough into rounds on a pizza sheet or pizza stone.  Top with desired toppings and bake for 10 minutes (a pizza stone will need to bake longer)

The dough can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.  I like to make mine in the morning and use it that night.  Allow dough to sit out (still covered) for an hour to return to room temperature before shaping and topping.

Recipe from the Royal Cook - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...