Friday, February 15, 2013

Roasted Vegetables

When I was a kids I loved green beans.  Pretty much thought they were the best veggie ever created, second only to corn on the cob smothered in butter.  Until Mama cooked up some green beans fresh out of the garden.  They weren't salty or very soft and they were still kind of fuzzy.  Ever since I have eaten very few green beans that didn't come from a can.  In my effort to be a little more open minded about raw green beans, I decided to roast some up with carrots and mushrooms.  They were amazing!  I'm pretty sure I'll never look at a raw green bean with anything other than pure adoration from now on.


1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed
1/2 pound mushrooms
1/2 pound baby carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Pour veggies onto a large baking sheet.  Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, stirring half way through.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Tatertots and Jello, Your Homebased Mom, Super Saturday Show and Tell, Manic Monday and Six Sisters' Stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate! Vegetables are just so much better roasted. I even roast asparagus, which my mother used to steam until it was somewhat mushy. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on my asparagus when I roast it. So much better than steamed! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...