Monday, February 18, 2013

Microwave Lemon Curd

I remember seeing lemon curd in the grocery store when I was a kid.  It was by the peanut butter and jelly and I always thought it had to be the nastiest stuff on the planet.  After all, the only curd I had ever had was the cheese kind of curd and that mixed with lemon sounded way less than appealing.  The stuff had to be gagtastic (that's my new favorite made up word) at best.  It wasn't until a couple years ago that I decided to give the stuff a try.  It was pretty much love at first bite.

This Microwave Lemon Curd is quite tart.  If you aren't a fan of tart, you might want to these Chocolate Cake Ball Pops or these Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies.  I promise not to get all judgy on you and we can still be friends. :)


1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup fresh lemon juice
zest from 3 lemons
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.  Add lemon juice, zest and melted butter; whisk until well combined.  Microwave on high in 1 minute increments, stirring well after each minute, until thicken and will coat the back of a spoon (mine took 4 minutes).  Place plastic wrap on the surface of the lemon curd (to prevent a film from forming) and refrigerate until cold.

Not sure what to do with lemon curd?  Try it as a filling for crepes, cake, pie, in a parfait or just plain.

Recipe from All Recipes.

Linked on Manic Monday and Show Me What Ya Got.

4 comments:

  1. MMMMM I love lemon curd..now I need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I found the recipe on KAF for microwave lemon curd, I was in heaven! I like to use it a lot in baking and this recipe makes it so easy to do. Yum is right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it tonight. So Yummy!! I am going to make your parfaits and use it in crepes tomorrow morning. In heaven...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...