Friday, September 13, 2013

Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

My favorite part of making cookies is sampling the dough before it gets baked.  It's my kids favorite part too.  They LOVE cookie dough.  Sometimes they ask me to make cookie dough just to eat.  I'm sure they would eat an entire batch of "normal" cookie dough if I would let them, but who needs that much cookie dough besides pregnant ladies or someone going through a break up?  This Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is just enough for all my kids to get some without going overboard.  And did I mention it doesn't have any eggs in it?  So it's totally safe to eat!  And....It tastes just like the real stuff (the kind with eggs in it).  That you bake.  Just don't bake this stuff, your cookies won't be pretty.


1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon milk
2 tablespoons chocolate chips

Combine butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Add flour and baking soda and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Pinworthy ProjectsThe Weekend re-TreatFeed Me FridayPinworthy Projects and Sweet and Savory Saturdays.

9 comments:

  1. This looks great. Sounds perfect for making my own cookie dough ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love eating cookie dough; even more than eating the baked cookies! I'm not pregnant or going through a break up so I guess I have no excuse for eating it!
    Pinning this now! I'm stopping by from Link Party Palooza (#142 First Day of School Photo Tutorial) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! There's always a reason to eat cookie dough, some reasons just require more than others. :)

      Delete
  3. I love eating cookie dough!!! Delicious! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #30.

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than cookie dough, I often grab those refrigerated cartons of dough for the specific purpose of eating them, not baking! Thanks for sharing on the Pinworthy Project Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this idea. It is totally perfect for kids who always want to lick the bowl or eat the raw dough.

    Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cookie dough, but haven't been able to indulge while pregnant! I love these eggless recipes, I even have one myself, but I like the real thing. Yours looks really good though!

    Tenns @ New Mama Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes just like the real thing! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...