Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf

After I had my kids dinner on their plates and handed them their plates, my teenager asked me a question.

Teen "Mom?  What's in meatloaf?  I probably don't want to know, but I promise I'll still eat it."
Me (giving him a strange look) "Ground meat like beef or turkey, eggs, spices, sometimes oats or bread crumbs."
Teen "Oh, really!?!  I heard it was nasty leftover stuff they couldn't make anything else out of.  I'm glad I can still like it."

Hmmm.  I knew meatloaf had a bit of a bad reputation, but didn't know why.  I guess I do now.  Thanks to my sweet teenager (is that an oxymoron?).  It's amazing the things I learn from my kids.  Most of which I wish I didn't learn....


3 pounds ground turkey
1 large onion, diced
3 eggs
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon basil

Mix all ingredients together until well blended.  Shape into a loaf on a foil lined and greased baking sheet.  Bake at 325 for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.

Recipe from The  Royal Cook - an original!

1 comment:

  1. My mom uses beef and then puts some sausage and worchestershire sauce in with it. It gives it a little zip, and she covers it with ketchup when it comes out of the oven. I have yet to taste one better. Thanks for sharing your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...