Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup

If I had to pick a favorite soup, this may just be the one. Cheese and broccoli, YUM!! Every Halloween and Christmas Eve I make soup for dinner. This, along with Cheesy Potato Soup, are the ones I make the most.


1 (15 ounce) jar cheese whiz
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 quart half and half
2 cups small broccoli flowerets
1 small onion, finely chopped

In a large pot, simmer broccoli and onion in broth until tender. in a medium pan, melt butter, stir in flour to make a paste. Slowly wisk in half and half. Add to broth and cook until thickened. Add cheese whiz and cook until melted.

Recipe from my old friend Jenny

Shared with Show Me What Ya Got #43 and The Little Birdie Blog.

1 comment:

  1. We have this often , it's one of the very old and traditional recipes that's been around for years. on going and such a nice soup on a cold winters day. I tend to put a lot of pepper in the to give a little kick
    Kind Regards
    David Head

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...